Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Auto populate description field

Jump to solution

How to automatically fill with a text brief description field (sd.open.interaction form) from the combination of category, subcategory and product.type.

Please help me.

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

You can goto fc of SD.open.interaction and in JS, set true in Open condition, conactenate all the values you need in some variable and then use object.doUpdate(). Also you will need to create an object which points to current record.

Something like this:

var str = category + subcategory ;

object.brief_description= str;

object.doUpdate();

Hope this helps 🙂

Cheers,
Hardit Singh

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

I'm not sure I understand the request.  Why would you want to populate in the brief.description the value that is already being stored in other fields?  What gain to you get by populating one field with a copy of data from other fields?

Can you explain the business driver for the request?  Like, what's the overall _goal_ of the request?  What is this supposed to accomplish.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

At the opening of interactions I'd like to put a default text for the user fills in the description field when the combination is: Incident> Access> failed login.

Example of default text for the user to fill:

Login:
Full name:

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Ok, that makes more sense. You're not copying the data from the category stack into the description - you're using the category stack to prompt for additional information.

Ok, there's a couple of ways go to about this.  One is, like you suggest, populate the Description field with 'Login' and 'Fullname'.  The problem with that method is that it doesn't actually force your technician to fill in that information.  It would be difficult to have a validation to parse out the description to make sure they filled something in after 'Login' and 'Fullname'.  

If I were designing the solution, I'd put in a Wizard or a Script that runs as the user creates the record that uses variables for the values you want to capture, can validate each variable, and then populates the description with the information.

The simplest way is a script that uses a form that displays a variable for $login and $fullname, uses formatctrl to validate that $login and $fullname are not null, and then concatenates that into the end (or the beginning) of the description field. Then, in the SD.open.interaction formatctrl record, call the script based on your category stack.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

You can goto fc of SD.open.interaction and in JS, set true in Open condition, conactenate all the values you need in some variable and then use object.doUpdate(). Also you will need to create an object which points to current record.

Something like this:

var str = category + subcategory ;

object.brief_description= str;

object.doUpdate();

Hope this helps 🙂

Cheers,
Hardit Singh

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you my friend

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thank you for your help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can also use FormatControl "Calculation" tab

for Calculate field:

description in $file=description in $file0+"; "+category in $file+", "+ subcategory in $file

or

description in $file=category in $file+", "+ subcategory in $file

Highlighted
Absent Member..

the simlpest option is above!! by ALARMus 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.