Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Autocomplete and related Fill

Hi Experts,

we are on SM v9.41 P5

I am configuring the integration of config module with helpdesk modules. 

I do have reference tables mentioned on the 'device' related fields on probsummary, rootcause & rootcause task.

We do have duplicate biz app CI names in our environment, so when i type a value, i might get more than 2 records as option to select ( attached is the document explaining the issue )

Autocomplete 1.JPG

As in the above screenshot, i get 2 CI's when i type 'HP Ser' 

What I would like to achieve is, When I select any of the above CI's, how would I make sure the related Fields are filled correctly without actually clicking on the fill button. I did try with data changed event button as 9, but didnt work for me.

Below highlighted (in yellow) are the fields whcih I need to fill when I select any of the CI's in screenshot 1.

Autocomplete 2.JPG

please guide.

thx

dev

I am Listening..
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Autocomplete and related Fill

Unless I'm just totally mistaken, clicking on one of the suggested records in that Autocomplete is in fact fully executing a Fill operation. So in that link line for logical.name, you need to make sure that all the fields you want to bring over are in the table underneath the Expressions - the table that says Source Field (Fill To/Post From) and Target Field (Fill From/Post To). Your probsummary fields will be in the Source column and your device fields in the Target column.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.