akkigpt
New Member.

Automate HP Service Manager import/export .unl using Script/cmd/API

Hi All,

My requirement is to automate the migration steps to load and unload .unl file on an HPSM environment.

This automation should execute external to HPSM tool using command line or HPSM api.

Can anyone suggest which command to use to perform this task effectively.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Contributor.. Jim_Herold Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: Automate HP Service Manager import/export .unl using Script/cmd/API

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I've used schedule records in SM to set up loads and unloads.  It requires your .unl files to reside on your SM server.

To get started, I'd have a simple .unl to load, doesn't really matter.

When I go to load it, I chose the 'Load BG' option, then schedule it for 10 years in the future.  I can then go to the schedule records and find it, noting how it's put together and what it needs.

I hope this helps,

Jim

0 Likes
Highlighted
akkigpt
New Member.

Hello Jim 

thanks for your reply.

Jim I want to know you used any command to execute load and unload .unl.

or carried  HPSM tool for this.

0 Likes
Contributor.. Jim_Herold Contributor..
Contributor..

You need to use HPSM and your OS to accomplish this.  My first post details how you can see all the components you'll need to load the binary file (.unl)

The job created will run in the report class, execute application bgload, and the string entries will be 1) the binary file name and path (can be relative to the RUN directory), 2) the action (database load/unload.winnt) and 3) false (do not suppress messages)

When you're running load/unload from your windows client, you're using Client side load/unload.

When running load/unload with the scheduler, it's running Server side load/unload.

You'll want an OS side program to stage the .unl file to the folder on the server.  The schedule job in HPSM wakes up, finds the file and processes.  Another OS program should run when you know the schedule job is done to remove the file and replace it with a dummy file (one that loads/update a harmless value in your system).

The OS programs could be controlled by cron for unix/linux or something like pycron for windows.  You'll want to test this out with some harmless loads like a dummy contact.

Good luck.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.