Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Automatic amendment of scaccess records when saving a security profile

Hi,

We're using SM 9.21 with folder security.  Whenever a security profile record is updated its corresponding scaccess record is also amended.  However, we have a fault whereby the amended folder is included in the scaccess record, regardless of whether the option is set to true or false.

For example:

If I set the "BTL Folder A Resolver" Incident Management Security Profile to:

Folder "A"  View=true  New=true  Update=never  Close=false
Folder "B"  View=false  New=false  Update=never  Close=false

I would expect the scacess record to look as follows:

File Name:  Probsummary
Security Group ID:  BTL Folder A Resolver
Restricting Query:  folder isin {"", "Folder A"} or folder=NULL

However, the scaccess record currently looks as follows:

File Name: Probsummary
Security Group ID: BTL Folder A Resolver
Restricting Query:  folder isin {"", "Folder A", "Folder B"} or folder=NULL

We have an old SM9 installation (which we do not make changes to) which we use as a reference system and this seems to work correctly, so clearly something has changed in our production system along the way, we just don't know what.

To investigate the issue I need to look at the mechanism which updates the scacess record upon saving the security profile (or folder rights) records.  Does anyone know what mechanism performs this action?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Automatic amendment of scaccess records when saving a security profile

Ususally this kind of updates in background are done by triggers.

In SM9.21 system I could find a trigger on table "scFolderAccess" which calls Application "trigger.scFolderAccess".

This Application updates file scaccess.

I suppose that's what you searched for, right?

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.