Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Automatically allocate Approval basis on end user location

Jump to solution

Hi
We have SM 9.50 and upgraded to 9.51

I want SM should automatically assign Approval to end user location basis for service catalog interaction ticket.

For example, end user 'John' having location say 'XYZ' raises service interaction by selecting service catalog item from ESS portal.
And another end user 'Rhian' having location say 'ABC' raises SD from service catalog items via ESS portal.
Now the location 'XYZ' service request managed by SPOC say 'Micheal' and location 'ABC' service request managed by SPOC say 'Ravi' so John requests should goes to to 'Micheal' approval and Rhian request should goes to 'Ravi' approval.

I have created Group 'Approval SR' under approval definition. And added approver 'Micheal' and 'Ravi' under this. Now challenges is what condition i should mention against this approvers so that all users having location 'XYZ' tickets goes for 'Micheal' for an approver and all users having location 'ABC' tickets goes for 'Ravi' for an approver

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Automatically allocate Approval basis on end user location

Jump to solution

Check the attached file. 

1. Only define in FC > Lofin.default> Calculations ..........Only 1 entry

add: true

calculation: $lo.userlocation ---- This is just my random Customize variable. You can define what ever you want.

2. Check out the attached Taloja.jpg. That will sum it up.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

Awaiting for valuable inputs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I believe that you need to use location table and make there the field "Manager" .

And create a script that will use the user location of user to look up in the table location his location and to choose from a field Manager approver.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi ALARMus ,

I am looking for query which i can use under 'condition' field under approval definition against approval group/member. But thanks for your suggestion.

Also no clue from where i can trigger/call the script (to fetch manager) if i mapped manager against each location. Pls guide

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I have implemented a special way to create the list of approvers, so I don't know where they are formed for you . Could you specify a table(and form) in which you specify a condition ?

If this is ApprovalDef table

1) in field group.name - jscall("Myfunction.getmanager", location in $L.file)

if it will not work

2) Using example - "Subscription Approval"  - in group.name field there next record: work.manager in $L.file

So you need put in field like this your manager by location and use it variable.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Similar enhancement we have before in lower version 9.x. Please check this option if it would help.

1. We have location field, from user under Contact table. Is this the location you are referring to? If Yes.

2. Defined a variable under FC> login.DEFAULT. This will query the location field of a user on his Contact table everytime they login. You will need to have a FC> Queries ($file1)for Contact table. Then a Calculation that will assign the location field to a defined variable (ex. $lo.userlocation=location in $file)

3. Use this variable to the approval condition

Approver 1 > If $lo.userlocation= Loc1

Approver 2 > If $lo.userlocation= Loc2

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks  ALARMus,

Im referring 'ApprovalDef' table. However both options which you suggested will not work...

1) in field group.name - jscall("Myfunction.getmanager", location in $L.file)

The locationwise approval is not manager of end user here so i guess jscall which you mentioned will fetch logged in user manager which will get from LDAP. In my case, i want to fetch logged in user 'Location' (getting from LDAP already) when he/she is raising service catalog request from ESS portal. Based on his/her location, only that location approval group should get assigned.

2) Using example - "Subscription Approval"  - in group.name field there next record: work.manager in $L.file. So you need put in field like this your manager by location and use it variable.

Currently im not using 'subscription' option in SM for service catalog/CI. So this will not work in my setup. 

Kindly suggest further.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi -joven- ,

Thanks. I followed steps suggested by you. however while adding condition under approval definition was getting below error:

Validation failed (se.base. method,update.record)

Please refer attached screenshots of each steps performed and let me know if condition/step mentioned need any modification.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Joven,

The query mentioned under condition was not working, i.e. Approval based on location is not getting set/mapped.

$lo.userlocation=location in $L.file

Pls suggest

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

1) Have your contacts (table contacts in SM) a field location ?

2) How many location do you have ?

3) Each location have one approver ?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

First. Please confirm if you have full data on your location field in Contact table.

1. We have location field, from user under Contact table. Is this the location you are referring to? If Yes.

Second.  No need to add Queries in FC> login.Default. You already have the $file1 out of the box. it is the first entry in Queiries. 

3rd. Try login as "user" with the location "Taloja". Then check from the debugger if the variable $lo.userlocation is equal to Taloja. This to make sure that the FC calculation is picking up the user location value on their Contact records. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi ALARMus,

Im referring to 'contacts' table which having field 'location'. almost 200 locations im having. 

Its not about each location having approver. some specific locations only having approvers.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.