Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

BackSync from SM to OMi

Hi all, 

OMi version: 10.60 IP2 and SM version: 9.34 

It’s one-way integration from OMi to SM,

Yesterday, we wanted to open back-sync from SM to OMi.

OMi Forwarding Type is SYNC and it’s not SSL configured, just HTTP.

We’ve created the integration instance in SM like the document says.

But changeRequest doesn’t arrive to OMi we have the following error in SM: 

1. [INFO][SMOMi]: Sync incident[IM101865305] to OMi ...
  2. [ERROR][SMOMi]: execption: Exception (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: openConnection)occurred: openConnection((Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Map;IIZ)Ljava/net/HttpURLConnection;)in class: com/hp/ov/sm/server/utility/HttpClient
  3. [WARN][SMOMi]: Sync incident[IM101865305] to OMi failed, reschedule the task in SMIS...
  4. Exception (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: openConnection)occurred: openConnection((Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Map;IIZ)Ljava/net/HttpURLConnection;)in class: com/hp/ov/sm/server/utility/HttpClient

I can ping the OMi GW FQDN and telnet 80 from SM to OMi.

However, I’ve connected to SM server (linux) then run the firefox, entered the omi rest url and successfully logged in.

I think, SM is not invoking the right API. But I don’t know how to find.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: BackSync from SM to OMi

Hello Bilalpostaci,

hope you are doing fine.

looking for this issue I found a very similar known issue reported and the solution was the below:

- Modified the host file at SM server, add the resolve name for OMI server. - Hemant helps to modified the Firewall rule on port 80 by accepting connection.

Maybe it works for you, if it doesn't I suggest to attach more information from the log file for investigation.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: BackSync from SM to OMi

Thank you for the reply.

OMi GW FQDN and IP is already written in /etc/hosts of SM server.

Let me update you and what we’ve done so far. 

SM Test environment (same version with PROD) is working correctly. So we moved all integration scripts (for connection) from TEST to PROD, but it didn’t change anything. 

Load Balancer is the difference between test and prod environment. PROD has an LB and TEST doesn’t have.

So I’ve tested with verify connection link and tcpdumps from SM application servers to OMi Gateway. 

Source: SM TEST

Destination: OMi GW

Command: tcpdump -i eth0 host OMi_GW

Output: Packages leave from SM TEST successfully.

Source: SM PROD

Destination: OMi GW

Command: tcpdump -i eth0 host OMi_GW

Output: Packages don't leave from SM PROD.

Source: OMi GW

Destination: SM TEST

Command: tcpdump -i eth0 host SM TEST

Output: Packages arrive to OMi GW successfully.

Source: OMi GW

Destination: SM PROD

Command: tcpdump -i eth0 host SM PROD

Output: No packages arrive to OMi GW.

I believe SM behaves different when there is a load balancer in the environment.

I've also raised a support ticket 5320661463.

Any suggestion for this point ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.