Highlighted
Visitor.

CI Error - Invalid syntax for query. Failed parsing (incident.matching,query.im)

Hi guys,

SM Version: 9.40 (Process Designer)

Currently i'm getting a strange error when i'm trying to add a CI in the IM flow.

The generated error is:
Invalid syntax for query. Failed parsing (incident.matching,query.im)
(Affected CI matches "[name-of-a-random-ci]") and number ~="IMxxxxx[the-number-of-the-current-incident] (incident.matching, query.im)
Unrecoverable error in application: Rule.callWizard on panel call.process
Unrecoverable error in application: se.call.process on panel call.rad.1
Unrocoverable error in application: incident.mathcing on panel query.im

Adding attachment.

Additional notes: The error is observed only in the first phase of the IM flow (the standard IM flow - Logging, Categorization, Investigation, Recovery, Review, Closure) when I try to add a CI. The save and  everything is accepted and you can continue working with the ticket without any problems. Only the above error is thrown.

If I dont add a CI and save the ticket/change the status., everything is OK. And when I try to add a CI on the next step, again added without any errors.

Can someone guide where to look at, or what could cause this thing to pop-up?

BR,
FG

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: CI Error - Invalid syntax for query. Failed parsing (incident.matching,query.im)

can u provide real message from message window (without any xxxxx)?
i don`t like  "[name-of-a-random-ci]" phrase

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: CI Error - Invalid syntax for query. Failed parsing (incident.matching,query.im)

@BAGAss,

I dont see any sence of this but sure.. Here is the "real message"

Invalid syntax for query. Failed parsing (incident.matching,query.im)
(Affected CI matches test123 ) and number ~="IM10045 (incident.matching, query.im)
Unrecoverable error in application: Rule.callWizard on panel call.process
Unrecoverable error in application: se.call.process on panel call.rad.1
Unrocoverable error in application: incident.mathcing on panel query.im

test123 is a CI

IM10045 is the ID of the ticket. 🙂

Is it more useful ? 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

And btw there is a screenshot with the "real message" if the description is not clear enough.

BR,
FG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

i think affected CI in SM named logical.name

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Not sure if it's the real message, at least it's not the Out-of-Box query.

The right query is like:

On the form:

Primary Affected Service matches "Applications" or Affected CI matches "Adobe Reader"

in the backend:

(affected.item="Applications" or logical.name="Adobe Reader") and number~="IM19572""

The problem is caused by the query is not right. And you can check the query in imMatchQuery table. 

Ling-Yan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.