Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CI relationship (Downstream and Upstream relation) doesn't show up

Jump to solution
Hi Forumers,

I have the CI's with the parent-child relationship defined in the 'cirelationship' table, however when I look up for the CI's some of them show the upstream & downstream CI's in the relationship tab & some dont, the relationship graphs are shown correctly always, any suggestions why this would happen??
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: CI relationship (Downstream and Upstream relation) doesn't show up

Jump to solution
In 7.11 (and possibly earlier versions), there is a defect in the configurationItem format.

On the Relationships tab, the top Virtual Join should have the "Display using table" property checked, but does not.
--Because of this the multiple relationships do not properly display in the form.
--If you check the box, multiple items will correctly display in the table object in the virtual join format.
----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Any thoughts from anybody??
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
There was a bug in SC and it looks like it's still not fixed in SM where when you hit show all downstream relationships, it only shows one relationship and not all listed for the CI.
The way to get around this was to define one downstream relationship with all your downstream CIs on the one relationship record.

-Larry-
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
In 7.11 (and possibly earlier versions), there is a defect in the configurationItem format.

On the Relationships tab, the top Virtual Join should have the "Display using table" property checked, but does not.
--Because of this the multiple relationships do not properly display in the form.
--If you check the box, multiple items will correctly display in the table object in the virtual join format.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Also, related to Larry's report of the defect in SC, this has been corrected.
The Show All function works correctly for both upstream and downstream when multiple relationships are present.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks for the responses Larry & John.

John: Agree, looks like the bug is fixed however I was still wondering why this is working correctly most of the times & playing up sometimes, this works for upstream & downstream for both multiple as well as single relationships, however I have one particular CI which I have noticed doesn't show up the relation at all.

Ex: Parent CI "ABC-Process" which has only 1 child CI "XYZ-Module" defined & showing correctly in cirelationship table as well as in relationship graphs but not in the relationships tab.

The "display using table" property is checked in the virtual join format & it is all working as intended, is there anything to trigger it manually for the specific CI that I mentioned?? Is it coz of the way the CI was loaded/created that it's not working??
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Pragathi,

I am having the same issue as you had, so by any chance you got a fix for it ? why it is not showing for some particular ci ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Menaka

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can someone tell me the steps to diable the relationship graph completely. Not just removing from form.

Removing all source and inputs.

Regards,

Nagarjun S

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.