sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

CIT not able to add/update contacts when it reached more then 10000 contacts into SM

Jump to solution

Dears,

I am using SM 9.62 with Connect IT 9.8, and facing a challenge now in my working AD SM integration using CIT

CIT not able to add/update contacts when it reached more then 10000 contacts into SM, i have close to 60K contacts which needs to be added/updated.

My scenario is working fine till 10K user but now its not taking new users and no error is appearing.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: CIT not able to add/update contacts when it reached more then 10000 contacts into SM

Jump to solution

Found the solution, issue is with Page size of AD, increase same and then set same value on the connector, this will help CIT to fetch all contacts from AD.

clipboard_image_0.png

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: CIT not able to add/update contacts when it reached more then 10000 contacts into SM

Jump to solution

Hello ,

I hope you are doing well,

Suggestions from engineer is to try

A)
rename oldap.dll (in the bin directory of Connect-It) to oldap.dll.oob(or whatever name) and copy nsldap32v50.dll to oldap.dll.

B)
1. Configure the connector

2. Next>Advanced Configuration

3. Paging Size - Increase to 5000

Thank you

If you find that this post or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

had already tried it not working (found this KM from HP).

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I am not a Connect-IT expert but if I do a search on 10,000 for connect-it knowledgebase. I find this nugget of information. Maybe you can set IMaxInst to 60,000 and give that a try.

SetMaxInst()
Internal Basic syntax
Function SetMaxInst(lMaxInst As Long) As Long
Description
This function enables you to set the maximum number of instructions that a Basic script can execute. By default, the number of instructions is limited to 10000.
Input parameters
lMaxInst: This parameter contains the maximum number of instructions that can be executed by a script.
Output parameters
 0: Normal execution.
 Other than zero: Error code.

Note:If you set the lMaxInst parameter to "0", the number of instructions that a script can execute is unlimited.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Found the solution, issue is with Page size of AD, increase same and then set same value on the connector, this will help CIT to fetch all contacts from AD.

clipboard_image_0.png

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.