Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

CM from SRC hangs in 9.41 P1 web client using PD

I have a Change ticket (from an SRC Interaction) that hangs in 9.41 P1 web client (using Process Designer) when I view it, save it,etc. Other tickets with the same category, workflow, etc that we create manually do not have this issue.

There was a time we had a similar issue where our binaries did not match our Web version, but both match in this instance.

I would appreciate any ideas.

Thank you,

-Larry-

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: CM from SRC hangs in 9.41 P1 web client using PD

So, just one Change record has an issue, but not others.  Perhaps it is a data issue with that one record....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Actually all Change Tickets spawned from an SRC Interaction hang the Web client. The Windows client has no issue.

-Larry-

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Actually, I cleared out the svc.options on the Change ticket and it now works fine.

Looks like the xml code from SRC doesn't agree with IE 11...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

From past experience, normally when the web client is hanging but the Desktop client isn't, it's either:

1.  something to do with the number of rows in an array or the number of records from a related table that it is trying to pull up. 

OR

2.  Something with the data, such as carriage returns within the primary key. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I have had similar experiences. For example if certain type of URL was put into an array, Service Manager web client didn't show that ticket at all. I don't know if it's a feature or bug, but SM web client certainly isn't bullet-proof what comes to escaping user content from it's data structure. But you figured it already out by yourself 🙂

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks Tom - those are good things to watch out for.

-Larry0

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.