Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

CRM to HPSM 9.40 integration for incident creation

Hello team,

I need to integrate MS CRM with HPSM. what is the best approach? We have base HPSM and connect IT. We are not in a position to buy any type of license.

Can I ask CRM team to create XML file for each of their ticket and I consume it using Connect It and epmo/epmu/epmc event services. Will it still need any kind of license?

Data flow will be from CRM to HPSM only and not in reverse.

Thanks in advance .

Cheers,
Satish
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: CRM to HPSM 9.40 integration for incident creation

The best approach for an inbound integration to HPSM is using the REST API. I'm not familiar with MS CRM, but a quick glance at the CRM website makes me think it should be modern enough to have some sort of functionality that can execute REST calls - either inside the CRM tool itself or by calling an external script.

Here are two "create a new contact" examples using SM's REST API, the first with a super-basic curl command and the second in Python:

Using curl (e.g. for a Bash script):

payload="{\"Contact\":{\"ContactName\":\"ContactName\",\"FirstName\":\"ContactFirstName\",\"LastName\":\"ContactLastName\",\"FullName\":\"ContactFullName\"}}"
username="operator"
password="password"
curl --user $username:$password -X POST -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d $payload 'http://sm.appServer.fqdn:13080/SM/9/rest/contacts'

###########

Using Python (e.g. for a Python script):

import requests
payload='{"Contact":{"ContactName":"ContactName2","FirstName":"ContactFirstName2","LastName":"ContactLastName2","FullName":"ContactFullName2"}}'
username="operator"
password="password"
results = requests.post('http://sm.appServer.fqdn:13080/SM/9/rest/contacts', auth=(username,password), headers={'Content-Type':'application/json'}, data=payload)

Obviously, these are very basic examples to get you off the ground. Once executed, the transmitting system will probably want to push values back into itself, using either its own tools or within the external script (for example, I would use regex or parse out the JSON to get values from the API's response, and then output those values so that I could "do something" with them). Doubly obviously, storing and sending login information in cleartext may not be something you or your organization is OK with doing, so those would need to be secured.

The work to accomplish this integration will be 95% on the MS CRM side. You may have to create an integration user and/or update its permissions, and may need to make some changes to the extaccess record for the resource they are using. Other than that, the work is all on them - assuming the scope here is simply to create/update records and not to perform any SM logic once the create/update occurs.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.