Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Calling Process from Rule Set to run a batch file not working

I'm attempting to call a Process from a Rule Set to run a batch file, but haven't had any success.  I don't see any error messages - just no results from the batch file. 

I've confirmed that the Rule Set is being executed with a separate print statement, and that the batch file executes when run by double-clicking the file name.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this will be greatly appreciated.

The Rule Setrule_set.JPGThe Process RAD:

process.jpg

Initial Javascript and Final Javascript expressions do NOT write to SM.log

Initial: print("xcelLaunchADSharedFoldersUNIX initial javascript: " +vars.$value1);

Final: print("xcelLaunchADSharedFoldersUNIX: " +$L.values);

The Batch File:

Batch file contents: echo %DATE%_%TIME% %1>> adsharedfoldersUNIX.log

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Calling Process from Rule Set to run a batch file not working

Kindly check the below option..

Go to the bat file location. Right click on the batch file.

Go to security tab > advanced > Change permission

> Allow all users as admin with Full control on that bat file..

Apply the above setting and check if it works this time fro hpsm.

Thanks,

w

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Calling Process from Rule Set to run a batch file not working

Thanks for your response.  I checked the permissions, and they were already set to full control for Admin users.  It seems that the Process isn't firing - I can run the batch file by double-clicking it

permissions.JPG

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.