Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Calling a format control from another format control (HPSM 9.30)

Jump to solution

I am looking to see if there is a way to use the subroutines portion of a format control to call another format control.  I had an enhancement by HP the invokes a format control on the svcCat.disp.item form in the service catalog.  However, this is the only format control identifier that works since it is called directly within the RAD.

However, I can call other forms in the display screen to be invoked when selectiong a catalog item.  So, I can keep adding validation lines in the svcCat.disp.item format control but this is now getting unruly as I have many catalog items that need validations.  So instead of me continually adding lines lto call out when the validation should occur (example: name in $file="qvcgl_Training" fo anytime a training request is selected)  I would like to put in the subroutine to call out a specific format control called training and place the validations there.  By doing so, this will organize my data better and I can keep track of what validation is being invoked.

So, in short, looking to see if I can call a format control called Training (or other FC's) from my existing format control svcCat.disp.item through the subroutines of the format control svcCat.disp.item.

Using HPSM 9.30

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Calling a format control from another format control (HPSM 9.30)

Jump to solution

Hi Jtonn,

hope you are doing fine.

I would suggest you to proceed to open a ticket support since in my investigation I couldn't found how to accomplish this requirement, for sure this will require too much testing and investigation.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Jtonn,

hope you are doing fine.

I would suggest you to proceed to open a ticket support since in my investigation I couldn't found how to accomplish this requirement, for sure this will require too much testing and investigation.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks.  That is what I was intending to do.  Just looking to see if anyone actually did it and had an immediate answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

You can try to override the format control in the display screen svcCat.display.item. Probably will work.

For sure you can override the whole format using the variable $L.format and this might make you code even better 🙂

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.