Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can HP Service Manager create tickets via email

I have to create a support metric and most of our users are used to sending in emails to a support mailbox and not logging a ticket in HP service center. Can Service Manager create tickets via an email through any kind of process/workflow? I know another system that can- I wasn't sure if HP can?
I hope that makes sense.

Lynn
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, but you have to have either a ConnectIT connector or an scauto connector (scemail if memory serves)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There is an Email Connector in Connect-it which can be used to create tickets in SC.
Are you trying to create an IM ticket.
I had successfully created IM ticket through email in the past using the email connector in Connect-it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Lynn,

As mentioned earlier it is possible through CIT.
You need to use Email fetch connector in CIT on source side and SM as destination connector.
In SM side, look for pmo eventreg and eventmap.

Regards,
Pankaj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Everyone,

Sethi,

I am also looking for the same requirement for my customer but for INTERACTIONS instead of INCIDENTS.
Can you explain me how to achieve this requirement briefly or how you achieved for INCIDENTS.Please provide information....

Thanks In Advance......

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For interaction you have to look for eventreg
"smin" and incident creation you need to use use eventreg "pmo"

Regards,
Pankaj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you everyone
Yes, this is for incident management (helpdesk tickets).
I am not on the HP team here- how do they get (Assuming they don't have it) the Email Connector/ConnectIT? Is it purchased or is it simliar to Add Ins like Quality Center?

Thanks
Lynn
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Lynn,

You need to buy a separate licence for email connector. Check with HP.

Also assign points to the post.

Regards,
Pankaj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi Sethi,

The same thing we want to configure in our enviornment. We want to generate IM Ticket in Our SM 9.40 if any email receives at SM. So for that please help us to configure it in our environemnt.

If possible please replay me on Personal Info Erased . And also please share the exact configuration steps to get it done.

Regards,

Rajiv Shirole

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@poshamma,

As an alternative solution, you may try the smart email introduced in 9.51. 

The Smart Email solution provides the ability for users to interact with Service Manager through email messages. The supported features are as follows:

• Automatic record creation based on an inbound email
  • Automatic reply with links to solutions suggested by virtual agent Sage
  • Email-based approval for service catalog items
  • Email-based commenting

For more information:

http://docs.software.hpe.com/SM/9.51/Codeless/Content/smartemail/concepts/smartemail_intro.htm

Ling-Yan

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.