Highlighted
New Member.

Can HPSM consume other tool's webservices?

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

Can any one please let me know if HPSM can consume webservices from different tools. Can be third party tool also. Its important so please let me know.

Regards, Sanjeev

=========================================================================================
Old account: SanjeevDas
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Can HPSM consume other tool's webservices?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Make sure that you can actually reach that URL from SM server

Log on to SM server and open that URL with the browser.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Yes and Yes.

Have a look in the documentation.

Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

Can you please share the document.

Regards,

Sanjeev

=========================================================================================
0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the doc.

I tried calling the webservice " http://www.webservicex.com/globalweather.asmx?WSDL " through SM, but got the following error which says,

WSDL request failed with exception error calling method.

Went to Tailoring>Web Service> Run WSDL to JS and pasted the above mentioned URL.

Tried to call the wsdl so that it can be converted to javascript as suggested in the following doc. /hpeb/attachments/hpeb/itrc-695/54653/1/376006.pdf

But got the exception. Please let me know if anything needs to be done in SM to read the external WSDL.

Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

A bit urgent requirement. Can anyone please help me on the error.

Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

The conversion seems to run just fine for me. Can you share the detailed steps, ands include your SM version? If you don't care about the WDSL to consume, you could just consume an SM webservice back into it...

Also, have you tried running it against "http://www.webservicex.net/globalweather.asmx?WSDL"

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Josh,

Went to Tailoring>WebServices>Run WSDL to JS

Pasted the full URL and clicked on Execute, but unfortunately got the error as stated in my previous post.

SM Version used is 9.32

Is there any change in SM or any configuration need to be done to get rid of the WSDL error. Please let me know.

Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Make sure that you can actually reach that URL from SM server

Log on to SM server and open that URL with the browser.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Flavio,

Thank you so much. Yes the server I was working on had no internet connectivity. I should have noticed that before posting. Thanks again for pointing it out.

Now I am able to use the WSDL to JS function successfully.

Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.