Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Can I send an email to a group created by a Global List?

Dear folks,

I did a search in the forum and couldn't find a post that addressed this issue.  What I want to do is to send an email to a subset of an assigment group that is located in multiple countries.  I created a global list to group only those members of a particular assignment group (let's call it "Group1") who are located in the U.S.

I then one to send a notification for certain tickets to that subgroup.  I already tried using the Display Variable in the global list as the recipient, but that didn't work.  I know that the notification file is very peculiar regarding what values are saved in the "Recipient(s)" field, so I wasn't surprise that it didn't work.

I will appreciate your suggestions on how to implement this idea and let me know what other information can I offer in order for you to properly assist me.

Kind regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Can I send an email to a group created by a Global List?

Notifications expect names of operators that it can resolve or direct e-mail addresses. It also must be provided as an SM-array.

What's the value of your recipients field in the notification? And if it's an variable, what are its contents?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Can I send an email to a group created by a Global List?

I was using the Global list name in the recipient field, but after extensive testing I realized that couldn't be done.  I think I'm going to have to find another alternative to do what I'm trying to do (send a notification to part of an assignment group, not to all of its members).

Thanks for replying.

Regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.