Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Can User select Date Range on the fly to see the Incidents based on Open Time?

Hi All,

Can User select Date Range on the fly to see the Incidents based on Open Time? For example, I want to see all incidents that are opened within a specific date range which I would like to select according to my need.

Note: Let's say that user is having the required role to customize his / her own Dashboard.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can User select Date Range on the fly to see the Incidents based on Open Time?

Date ranges can have this format:
   open.time>=tod()-'days hh:mm:ss' and open.time<=tod()-'days hh:mm:ss'
where 
   days = number of days
   hh= hours in 2-digit form
   mm=minutes in 2-digit form
   ss=seconds in 2-digit form

tod() is a function which returns the actual time (time-of-day).

Example
open.time>=tod()-'300 00:00:00' and open.time<=tod()

This will select the records with open time 300 days ago until today.

In your dashboard you can click on "Open definition" to modify the query.

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can User select Date Range on the fly to see the Incidents based on Open Time?

The same syntax can be used for queries in reports. 

In SM9.52 Out-of-the-box system there are some examples.

report "Incidents Opened within This Half Year by Month" has query

open.time>=date(tod())-'180 00:00:00'

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted

Hello Heike,

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, if we go to open definition for any particular report displaying in dashboard, it's possible if we give proper role to the user.

I was wondering what kind of role I can give to some users or a group of  users so that they can modify the reports in their respective dashboards. Is it something like Report Designer, Report Manager etc ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

depending on your needs, for example, if you need to frequently change the date range for a report, it is easier to use the search form, where you can specify the dates of the range.

there is no difference in the number of actions (steps) - in the search or in the view set date range

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.