Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Can't find where the validation is being called

Jump to solution

This is a very customized solution and I understand the question is a little bit general. There is a form that on saving, it opens a subform asking for input from the operator while showing a message. The message exists in the scmsg table. I need to deactivate this validation. It is not in the FC, its not a script, no links or subroutines. I tried the *afind.string but was unable to find any triggers or whatnot showing where the message number 150 is being called.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Can't find where the validation is being called

Jump to solution

Sure: go to system status, find your session. there, put S on the first column, execute, then there is a button like "Send Debug Information", click on it, on RTM put 5. The trace will be enabled just for you session. 

What I suggest you to do, is access the IM where the issue happens, have it on your screen and enable the trace using the steps I provided bellow. When the validation message appears you stop to do any action in SM; you just copy the log file and look for the validation, when you find it you start to check the lines above it to find which object raise it.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

What version of SM are you using?  Is it a version with process designer, or not?

I would probably also check for a RuleSet, or if you have a form name to search for, check for a wizard that might call it and if that fails then perhaps try *afindall, which will search everywhere, instead of *afind.string, where you have to specify a file to search in.  But be aware, *afindall can take quite awhile to return results.

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
Check the process im.save; What I like to do in such cases is enable a debug (dynamic if your version supports). You will get in 5 minutes what is happening.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

@BrenoAbreu 

Hi,

Can  you explain to me a little more what is dynamic debugging.  I am using version 9.63

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Sure: go to system status, find your session. there, put S on the first column, execute, then there is a button like "Send Debug Information", click on it, on RTM put 5. The trace will be enabled just for you session. 

What I suggest you to do, is access the IM where the issue happens, have it on your screen and enable the trace using the steps I provided bellow. When the validation message appears you stop to do any action in SM; you just copy the log file and look for the validation, when you find it you start to check the lines above it to find which object raise it.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

You are always a great help to the community.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.