Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Can visibility of a button can be controlled anywhere other than DO?

Jump to solution

I want to know whether visibility of a button can be set anywhere else other than DO. In one of my earlier post :

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/Close-Incident-button-appears-even-if-it-is-handled-in-apm-edit/td-p/5717749 

i mentioned that Close button visibility was handled by me in DO but it still appearf in Prod but not appearing in my other environements. I have tried out the suggestions provided by gentlemen but the result was same. I think there must be something else which must be controlling the visibility.

Can any one give some suggestions or examples so that i can investigate further?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi All,

The most idiotic mistake that I made was i took a back up of the do and while doing that I renamed the unique id field and not the screen id .this resulted in two do (one current and one previous) for screen id :apm.edit.problem and Label:Close incident. So when i was resolving the ticket the previous do was becoming active.now i renamed the old do's screen id also and the problem was solved.

Thanks all for all the help.

Kudos to all of u.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

Display option are solely controlled through the condition mentioned in DO however these condition have expression which pick the value defined in other modules/utility to control the event.

Also did you try index($L.mode,"close")>0 instead of $L.mode~="close"

hth,
Absent Member..
If you configure resolved status/two step close in the IM environment record, after a user Resolves an IM, the close button will display IF the user has the appropriate profile privileges.

the conditions related to tableAccess relate to the user's profile rights (and their corresponding Folder rights if Security Folders are enabled).

The simplest way to control Resolve/Close button access is via the user's Incident Management Profile record.
When 2-step close/Use Resolved Status is enabled in the IM Environment record, the profile settings are as follows:

Close: user can "Resolve" and will see the "Resolve" option.

Inactivate: User can "Close" IM's once they have been resolved.

Mass Inactivate: User can "Close" multiple IM's after they have been resolved in a single step.

These settings are supported by the OOB display option conditions.
----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi All,

The most idiotic mistake that I made was i took a back up of the do and while doing that I renamed the unique id field and not the screen id .this resulted in two do (one current and one previous) for screen id :apm.edit.problem and Label:Close incident. So when i was resolving the ticket the previous do was becoming active.now i renamed the old do's screen id also and the problem was solved.

Thanks all for all the help.

Kudos to all of u.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.