Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Can we limit the attachment size with Web Services ?

Hi Experts,

I am using third party web service tool to send the SOAP request to SM to create ticket with attachment. But I would like to know if I can limit the size of attachment.

In SM, we can set the limit and max size in System Information Record but I am not sure it works with WS or not.

Regards,

Quan

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Can we limit the attachment size with Web Services ?

Check from SM help the topic "Set the maximum file attachment size for an operator". If you use particular operator for webservice connections, setting the maximum attachment size per operator should do the trick for you?

I have not checked does this limitation apply for webservice connections, but if it doesn't, it's a defect for sure! Help doc doesn't mention any connection type limitations.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.