Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
zkovacs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot export from ServiceCenter to Excel

Jump to solution

The export to Excel function does not work.

I am using ServiceCenter Version 6.2.5.0 on Windows 7 (64 bit). I select "Search Changes" under "Change Management", select a search criteria, and then click search. When I have my records listed in the client, I right-click and select "Export to Excel". Nothing happens at this point. I wait an hour and still nothing happens.

The option to export to text file does not appear as well for this particular search under Change Management (please see attached). Some one please suggest a solution.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
zkovacs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot export from ServiceCenter to Excel

Jump to solution

Actually it's okay. I just found the solution.

Please see here:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-OV-ServiceCenter-Service/Service-Manager-7-01-Export-to-Excel-error/td-p/4274146

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Suresh G P Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I have had this situation many times. Try clicking the excel option 2-3 times and sometimes it opens up. Also if you have not specified the location to save, it gets saved to the default root folder under the installed directory. Are you able to get the Text Option using Web Client?
0 Likes
zkovacs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I've tired clicking the export option up to 10 times and nothing happens.

I'm using Office 2010 and suspected that there is an incompatibility issue. So I installed the ServiceCenter client on a VM and installed office 2003. Same problem. Clicking the export option over and over with Office 2003 also does not help.

Could there be an issue with Java? Do I need a plug in or something? If so could someone provide a link to instructions?

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Please help.

0 Likes
zkovacs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Also, how do I access the Web Client?

0 Likes
Highlighted
zkovacs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Actually it's okay. I just found the solution.

Please see here:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-OV-ServiceCenter-Service/Service-Manager-7-01-Export-to-Excel-error/td-p/4274146

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.