Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Capture deny comments

Hi Team,'

We are using 9.41 version of SM, whenever a request is approved or denied, we need to capture this comments and send it in the mail notification to the end user. I'm not sure how to capture the deny comments.

Please guide

Thanks in adv.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Capture deny comments

I dont know about 9.41, but may be it's same (for 9.3x)

Table - ApprovalLog

field - comments

status in "action" field

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Can you please let me know how to add this variable on the email notification page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hello,

You can query the related approval log in the "Expressions" tab of the html template that you are using. Then you can assign the comments to a variable and use it in the html source section.

BR,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Yes I did that,

var approver= new SCFile("approval",SCFILE_READONLY);

var apprcmt = approver.doSelect("unique.key=\""+$RECORD.incident_id+"\"");

var comments=approver.comments[1];  //this stores the updated comments.

& the above "comments" variable was put in the HTML template. When checked in the preview tab I was able to see the latest approver comments.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.