Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Cascade Delete - Delete entry from array

I am attempting to delete records in an array during a cascade delete function. This is largely a cleanup activity, but we have a custom table that has an array in it. 

I have the cascade delete working fine agains other (non-array) data sets, but while I can see a number of ways to do it, I am wondering if I am overthinking it. Does anyone have a recommended way to do it?

it seems I would point the 'target file' at the custom table we use, but I am wondering if it would make more sense to use a regular expression or if I should run it from javascript?

Once the operator name is deleted from the table, I need the operator name removed from the array in the secondary table (I actually have a couple of these tables, but once I have a solution for one it should work identically for the others as they are constructed very similarly).

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Cascade Delete - Delete entry from array

Never did using cascade function... I would suggest the creation of a JavaScript function to perform this job for you and a call to this function in the trigger - after delete.

Let me know if you have a better idea 🙂

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.