Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Category, Subcategory and product type issue

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am trying to work on the category, subcategory and product type fields on the sd.open.interaction form. And as my users are not well acquainted with link control, I am using the combo control.

I am able to link them properly through value list conditions, but For the sake of having the right input from the users, I would like that once the user removes the category field, then the subcategory and product type field should automatically be get removed.

I have seen it in the windows client, it more or less works according to my requirment, but on the web client some how it remains there. So any idea how can I achieve this?

Thanks and Best Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Husnain,

You donot need to use if condition statement in prerad expression.

Just put as :

subcategory in $L.filed=NULL;product.type in $L.filed=NULL

So whenever any data value would be change in category field subcategory and productype will set to NULL.

hth,

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Husnain,

we've faced the same issue, and our solution for this is add a "Clear" button near to the category field that delete all these fields value with one click. And it works in all kind of clients.

If you're interested I can show you the way you can do this.

Regards, Laszlo!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

How did you managed to work it in window client?

You can use the data changed event property to acheive, I tried succssfully this in window client but never tested it in web client.

regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Hi Laszlo,

Do I need to press in the clear button to achieve it? Anyways please let me know the details of it.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Hi Pitkuj,

I am using the combo control and as I see, its looks like a default behaviour to me.

I have checked through the forums, and I also thought data change event would be the most appropriate way to go about it, but as I dont have much understanding of display options and screens so I am looking for alternatives.

Perhaps if you can be kind enough you would let me know how you achieved it?

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Yes of course, you need to click on it and it'll clear those three fields, you need to click once instead of clear the category field.

So:

Forms Designer: add a button to the needed forms(e.g. for interactions sd.open.interaction and sd.update.interaction) Set button id to any number that isn't exist in the related displayoption(e.g. it's 803 for me)

Our button is between Sub-Area label and field(see the attachment clear.jpg)

Display Option: Create new record in related records(e.g. for interaction cc.first, and cc.edit.incident)

and add "category in $L.filed=NULL;subcategory in $L.filed=NULL;product.type in $L.filed=NULL" to pre rad expressions tab. My settings can be seen on attachment: do.jpg.

I hope it's clear and understandable.

REgards, Laszlo!

Highlighted
Absent Member..
Hi Laszlo,

Thanks for your answer but it doesnt fullfil my requirment. I want it to be done automatically.

Thank you very much for your answer anyway.

Anyone please, if I remove the category field content, then how can it automatically removes the subcategory and producttype fields?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Husnain,

try that you set data changed event  of category to e.g.803 then go to the display option and add the same record that I've shown to you but the pre rad expression should be:

if (category in $L.filed=NULL) then (subcategory in $L.filed=NULL;product.type in $L.filed=NULL)

Highlighted
Absent Member..
Hi Laszlo,

Thankyou very much, it has indeed solved my issue.

One last thing is, if we change the category from the category list, then how can we remove the subcategory and producttype?

Thanks and Best Regards.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I don't understand exactly what do you need. Could you describe a use-case?

Your fields are "select only"?

If you need to clear out the fields all the time when category changes just delete the "if" condition from the do record's pre rad tab.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Husnain,

You donot need to use if condition statement in prerad expression.

Just put as :

subcategory in $L.filed=NULL;product.type in $L.filed=NULL

So whenever any data value would be change in category field subcategory and productype will set to NULL.

hth,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..
I just needed to change the subcategory and product type once the category field change.

Let me rephrase in the two snapshots as selectingcomplaint and selectingincident.jpg.

You can see in selectingincident.jpg once I change the category to incident, then the subcategory and product type associated with complaint, keeps on showing.

I want if user by chance changes the category field again, then the field should reset again.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.