Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Category qbe list on Interaction creation on PD system SM v9.41 p4

Hello SM experts,

I have a quick question regarding the interaction module within SM . I am using SM v9.41 p4 codeless

We have a list of categories on Interaction module . Out of which 1 of the category is only used by Service Desk, rest are using by HR and other teams (which is basically setup on data security )

When IT Service Desk team is creating an interaction, the SD category is set to 'Service Desk' . This is default set on the Script Library by using the below condition

if (vars.$lo_dept == "ServiceDesk") return "Service Desk";

When SD team clicks on 'Save & New', it brings out all the list of 'active' category values from 'sdCategory' . When i did the trace  this is done thru RAD application 'document.new' and I am unable to modify this behavior.

Below are the screenshots.

Save&New.JPG

sdCategoryList.JPG

Please help if this requirement is possible.

Thx

dev.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Category qbe list on Interaction creation on PD system SM v9.41 p4

Possible to achieve this ?

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Category qbe list on Interaction creation on PD system SM v9.41 p4

Check what process is being called, on 9.6 is (sd.savenew) and clone/customize it .

Basically what you need to do is intialize an incident file set the category and pass it to the rad document.new as parameter.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.