Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Acclaimed Contributor.. brav0 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Change Going to the next phase without closing tasks

Experts,

We are on HP SM v9.41 P4 hybrid

During the upgrade from SM9.21 , it migrated legacy change workflow . After the migration, while testing, whenever the change is moving to the next phase without validating the open auto tasks.

In the 'Additional phase information' , i have got the flag set to false for 'Move to next when tasks are open'. 

Which is the rad application responsible for checking 'dependent tasks'

please guide.

thx

dev

I am Listening..
0 Likes
2 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. brav0 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Change Going to the next phase without closing tasks

Experts

When i trace the next phase, i see only process 'change.update.save'.

Is it possible to force check the open tasks via Process designer for legacy workflows ?

My legacy workflow, in the Additional phase information, the check box for 'Allow phase to close with open tasks is unchecked'

Any other reason for the application to skip this validation ?

thx

dev

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Change Going to the next phase without closing tasks

If the task is created using the Task Planner, the Start Phase and End Phase set there will override the checkbox in the phase defition record. The checkbox is there primarily to support legacy change task behavior (e.g. opening a task via More Actions > Open New Task.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.