hsidani Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Change Management Categories

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I create new change category "Application". I select the same change phases for hardware category.  When I open new change the fields below are not mandatory

service

Requested End Date

Planned Start

Planned End

Title

Description

by default all those fields should be mandatory. 

Kindly advice

Thanks and Regards,

Hani

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Change Management Categories

Jump to solution

hmm... if you don't have the form-specific formatctrl, it will still call the master formatctrl record definined in the Object record; and where it isn't defined in the Object record, it's just the name of the dbdict.

So take a look at the cm3r formatctrl record.  My guess is that the validations check for category and only trigger within specific category values.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

mandatory condition are place in validation field of the respective form level FC or at master FC.
So check the FC having same name as of form and put your validation and accordingly.

Red corner does not make it mandatory it just symbolism that it is compulsory.

hth,
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks Piku for you reply.

I have tried before in the FC to look for the form name which is "cm.change.logging" but it doesn't exist. By default it should be there since other categories are using it.

Thanks and Regards,

Hani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. tomkool007 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution
check the format name cm3r. or check if you have any other name cm.change.logging_test.Again in form designer in cm.change.logging also you need to mention this field you need to check the mandatory
Best Regards,
Tom
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

hmm... if you don't have the form-specific formatctrl, it will still call the master formatctrl record definined in the Object record; and where it isn't defined in the Object record, it's just the name of the dbdict.

So take a look at the cm3r formatctrl record.  My guess is that the validations check for category and only trigger within specific category values.

View solution in original post

hsidani Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you all for your rely.

You're right Jacob. The form used is cm3r. I have modified the validations field to add the new category. Now it is working fine.

Thanks again

Regards,

Hani

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.