Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Change Management license

Hello!
 We are moving off of using Change Management and I have an issue with our licenses and I'm hoping one of you can help.

Goal: I don't want any of my users to consume any licenses for Change Management (Floating or Named).

The documentation that I've read said the following:
Users who have the capability to update records in Change Management will consume either a Floating or Named license. HP Service Manager tracks these licenses for reporting purposes.

Users who have update capabilities for any of the following fields in the Change Management security profile (cm3profile table) will consume a Change Management license when they log in:

New new Update update Update when closed closed.update Reopen reopen Copy and open cpyopn Change category new.category Change phase phase.sel Calculate risk calc.risk Can access approvals approvals Can override approvals approve.override Can mass approve approve.mass

I have gone into each cm3profiles and removed all of these checkmarks if they were checked. I checked stathistory and Floating and Named licenses are still being consumed. What am I missing? Do I have to update the userrole? Do I have to update each operator record?   I'm on SM9.3.
Any help is appreciated...thank you!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Change Management license

Hi ,

On the cm3profile, you could uncheck everything except view or else you could capply the profile  'DEFAULT' to all Analyst users, which is basically setting 'view' access to all users.

Could you tell me what is the actual purpose of tracking the change management licenses ?

thx

dev.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Service Manager's license tracking is a screwed one. It gives erroneous numbers and is really flawed ( as per one of the R& D technical engineer )

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that is what I did.  I went into each of the cm3profiles and unchecked everything except for view.  Do I need to then update the re-fill the Change profile for each user role and then re-fill the user role for each operator?  Seems so tedious for a change like that.

The reason why I'm tracking right now is that I don't want to be out of compliance with our Change Management licenses since we will no longer be using that module in SM.  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.