Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Change Management module existing tickets are not migrated to Codeless

Jump to solution

Hi experts,

I have recently upgraded HPSM from 9.34 non-pd to 9.41. Once I have successfully upgraded to 9.40 app version, I run the enablepd command to change it to Codeless mode.

From what I have checked, Change Management workflows are upgraded to PD Workflows automatically, and the upgrade workflows still will use format control, and other traditional tailoring components. 

However, I found that my previous change management module existing tickets are still in the non-pd form. Any advice how to migrate these change tickets to the pd form?

Also, I have an enquiry: Which is the correct process? To enablepd first, only upgrade to 9.41app version or it is okay to upgrade to 9.41app version first then only enablepd? 

Will there be any difference between the two processes above?

Kindly advice

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Re: Change Management module existing tickets are not migrated to Codeless

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Just to update my solution for this issue in case someone else faced the same problem.

Actually, after upgraded to SM 9.4x version and enablepd, just have to assign a workflow to the change category and the ticket will be in codeless format.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi dear,

I am afraid that you have taken the wrong steps to upgrade system, that may be the reason why the error is happening. The correct step is to install PD to SM 9.34 first, and then upgrade 9.34PD to I.41 codeless.

Hope it helps!

Thank you and Best regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Ngoc_Ngo_SM,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

It is perfectly fine to upgrade a Classic 9.3x Application system to 9.4x Classic Applications using the Application Upgrade Utility. Then you run enablepd, which should convert everything to Codeless (Process Designer) unless it involves custom legacy categories. Are the Change records that don't appear to be "converted" using custom Change Categories? If so, this may be related to an existing Enhancement Request, which I have included below:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1E132850

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the "thumbs up" at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please remember to click "Accept as Solution". If you are satisfied with anyone’s response, please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the "thumbs up" at the bottom left of the post to show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

hi Mike_Gross,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the Change records which don't appear to be "converted" is using custom legacy Change categories.

Do you mean this is a known issue for upgrading from SM 9.3x custom legacy categories to 9.4x? From the link, it seems that this issue is still under investigations since April 2016.

Any experts have solutions for this already?

Kindly advice.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

It is not a known issue, it is working as designed. That is why there is an Enhancement Request open. The system wasn't designed to convert custom Change Categories to Process Designer. You have to do this manually. There is a workaround that can be used to do part of the work for you. It will create an empty Workflow with the Phases, but you will have to create all other components needed for the Workflow such as Rulesets, Actions, Transitions, etc.

The workaround involves executing the upgradeCategory function of the processDesignerChangeUpgrade ScriptLibrary record. You can test this in a test or development environment. An example usage could be creating a ScriptLibrary record that calls this function:

system.library.processDesignerChangeUpgrade.upgradeCategory(name, type)

Where "name" is the name of the category and "type" is the type of category, in this case it would be change.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the "thumbs up" at the bottom left of the post to show your appreciation.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please remember to click "Accept as Solution". If you are satisfied with anyone’s response, please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the "thumbs up" at the bottom left of the post to show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

hi Mike_Gross,

Thanks for your reply. I have just started using HP Service Manager 2 months back and I'm not familiar with the script within.

With the assistance from HPE Support, below is the screenshot for how I call the upgradeCategory function. However, after executing the script, nothing happens. 

upgradeCategories.JPG

Can you advice if the above script is correct? Also, is it possible to migrate the data using the migrationSetting function? (like how we did for Interaction, Incident modules...)

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

1. The PD content pack just migrates the existing, custom change categories and workflows to Codeless, but still uses the legacy forms and business controls (format control, etc.)

2. You CAN use the migrationSettings utility to remap your legacy change and change task tickets to new PD workflows. It worked perfectly in the systems where customers chose to rebuild to new workflows as part of the Codeless conversion.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Just to update my solution for this issue in case someone else faced the same problem.

Actually, after upgraded to SM 9.4x version and enablepd, just have to assign a workflow to the change category and the ticket will be in codeless format.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.