Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Change Management notification

Hi Team,

When ever I am trying to close phase of the change, Notification is getting triggered. I need restrict notification for change review and approvalphase. 

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Change Management notification

You might want to start on the notification table. There are many records there which may be sending the notification which you mention. The simplest way to solve your issue is to identify (A) which notification record is being triggered; (B) which line on that record is being triggered; and (C) make the condition further specific to ignore the "Change Review and Approval" phase.

So, for the sake of example: Let's say the notification record which is triggering is the ChM Change Open record of which I have attached a screenshot. Once you identify which line is the one that is triggering, add something like this (without quotes) "& current.phase in $L.file~="Change Review and Approval" to the end of the condition field on that specific line.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply,. Please find the screen shot. I have made all the condition false still notification are triggering.

I have made new condtion still, I am recieving the notification for review and approval.

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted

I would say that it's likely another notification definition, then. You might need to step through several different notification records before you find the culprit.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have made all the notification false :(...still no luck....

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted

Is it an approval email that gets generated (Approval Added notification definition) or is it definitely a cm3r email?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Quick Question: I am using this condition "false and category in $L.file={"Emergency Change", "Major Change", "Regular Change"}"..

Whether it will make the condition false or true?

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes, that statement should make the whole notification definition false. Did you false out every single record in the notification table? Are you sure this is a cm3r email and not an Approval email? Is it a plain text or html email? If the latter, have you checked the html notifications? If there are any unique phrases or wordings in the email, can you look for formats/htmltemplates that may have those wordings in order to track down what is being called and use that to identify which notification is calling it?
0 Likes
Highlighted

change conition from true to current.phase in $L.file isin {"Change Implementation","Change Logging","Change Evaluation & Closure"}..its worrking fine.

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.