Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Change Search Issue

Hi Team,

I'm facing a strange issue.

I have put a checkbox in the search Change page. The name in the dbdict is change.flag and i have mentioned the same in fd as well.

Now when I open the Change search page and Click search, it displays a list of records. When I click on above check box and search it say no records found. Now the problem is I uncheck the same checkbox and click search again, then it says no records found !!!! which is incorrect. When I checked in the expert search I could see the below query

true and middle,change.flag#false

above query looks fine to me, but it doesn't fetch any records

1. Please can any1 tell me why this is happening? ( is it coz there are no records in the dB for this field, which means the value is NULL and when true/false value is searched against NULL it yields this result?)

2. Is there any way to clear only the change.flag when unchecked?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Change Search Issue

A boolean in SM is actually a tri-state field (true, false, unknown /aka/ null). In the newer (and web) implementations by HPE this characteristic isn't properly supported. (One used to be able to use the spacebar to get back to the unknown state, but this has since been removed).

The only way to make this work is to have a default value for this field stored in the DB.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.