Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Change Tickets are getting purged during Approval phase

Hi All,

We are facing wired issue, as some change management tickets are getting purged during the approval phase. soon after the change is approved some (2% of total change) gets purged. I am unable to reproduce the issue too. I have checked the trigger, RuleSet and SL but I dont see expression/code for purging single CR.

I have opened a support case but as I am unable to reproduce the issue, relaying on logs.

has anyone faced similar issue and found solution.

Service Manager version 9.60

Regards,
Madhan

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi,

By "getting purged" you mean some tickets are gone?

Do you have any customization in approval process? Maybe when user go to approval and then change context to another ticket, the number is replaced. After save it looks like ticket is gone.

You can add some logging on triggers after update or delete so it could be helpfull.

Regards.

Commodore
Commodore

Try searching the ticket number from the Todo table to see if it displays. The Todo table lets you see tickets (even hidden tickets) within a view, but if the ticket has security entitlement enabled on it from a rule, you would not be able to click and open ticket. It could exist, but the security entitlement on ticket may be enabled and not allowing you to somehow see it.

Joe

0 Likes
Vice Admiral

@nolejj  @RBU1 

Thanks for your time.

We have not done any customization on the approval, its OOB.

I can see Change details in ToDo table and Activities table.

I tried to create same change but dint have success in reproducing issue, like for every 100 change, 4 tickets are getting deleted from cm3r table.

Regards,
Madhan

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Try conducting a change text search using keywords from the change details you saw. The ticket may still be available, but data on some of the fields (number, category, etc.) may have been cleared and set to NULL or overwritten. If text search does not display results, try searching for approval status or update time during the time frame when the change was approved. Another option is to search all changes and sort by sysmodtime to see if a change displays with empty data or duplicate info is displayed during the time period. Also, check your sm logs during the approval time frame to see if any issues are displayed.

Joe

Vice Admiral

@nolejj 

Thanks for you inputs, good suggestion.

I checked again on difference values of the CR in cm3r table still I was unable to locate the change record.

Regards,
Madhan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.