Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Ivis Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Change data type on alias table.

I have an alias table assets on cm3r and I want to change it from NTEXT to NVARCHAR(200).

I enter dbdict and change the datatype from NTEXT to NVARCHAR(200) - but I get an error:

5408(  2112) 09/11/2017 12:01:28  RTE E Changing SQL data type from 'NTEXT' to 'NVARCHAR(200)' for column 'AFFECTED_SERVICES' in table 'CM3RA4' is not supported. Update cancelled.

Anyone know how to work around this issue?

BR Ivis.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Honored Contributor.. Ivis Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Change data type on alias table.

Tried this -

Set field to correct value in RDBMS and then update the field in the SM DBDICT.

Mapped back to i.e a3 and save dbdict. This works but there is now a nulltable in the sqltables of the dbdict so not happy with this solution. Anyone mapped a aliast table to a different data type before??

BR Ivis.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.