Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Change plan and backout.method and the character #

Jump to solution

Sometimes, it is really hard to search ITRC, here, and sc-resources for a problem.  In this case, my keywords are change plan and #.

7.10 app/7.11 rte&web - Web or Windows client

When editing a change (logging or assessment & planning phases), if I put a # as the first character on the line of either plan or backout_method and save the change record, the # will disappear.  It is not saved in the db.

This does not happen on two added fields we have - justificaiton and test plan which are under the same high level tabs.

Any clues?  If no responses here, I'll probably head towards support.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The problem was that I had a second tab which contained the same field.  When I removed the second instance of the field, the problem went away.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What are the data types for the fields where it doesn't work, and the types for the fields where it does?

If I try starting the Description field (the "action" array) in an Incident ticket, the system removes the #.  This is a TEXT type field in the dbdict.  I'm betting it has to do with the datatypes themselves, rather than any kind of coding.  The same thing happens with the < > and = signs as well.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Talked to our MS SQL dba.  Not a SQL problem.  He suspects java.  Guess I'll be opening a case.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The problem was that I had a second tab which contained the same field.  When I removed the second instance of the field, the problem went away.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.