Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Changing Priority Dynamically based on Impact & Urgency

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I am using PD for IM module in SM 9.60 version. Here, "custom" script is being used to calculate priority field in incident forms. 

The requirement is that if the user is changing Impact and/or Urgency field, then the Priority field value should be changed dynamically according to the matrix without saving the form which is not happening now.

Is this feasible by using PD? Please let me know your valuable inputs regarding the same.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Changing Priority Dynamically based on Impact & Urgency

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are on SM9.41 and we did this by first adding a Workflow Based Action to our Incident workflow, which called the Ruleset that calculates priority (OOB is called im.general.set.priority, but you could create a custom one if necessary),.  Then we added the number of that Action to the Data Change Event property of both our initial.impact and severity field objects on our form/s.  So if you change either the Impact or the Urgency, the Priority gets recalculated instantly.

Audrey

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Is there anyone who has solved this kind of issue earlier? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are on SM9.41 and we did this by first adding a Workflow Based Action to our Incident workflow, which called the Ruleset that calculates priority (OOB is called im.general.set.priority, but you could create a custom one if necessary),.  Then we added the number of that Action to the Data Change Event property of both our initial.impact and severity field objects on our form/s.  So if you change either the Impact or the Urgency, the Priority gets recalculated instantly.

Audrey

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello Audrey,

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs. 

I have achieved this requirement from display option as well as workflow based action, of course by using data change event functionality. And it is working fine as expected.

Initially I thought that if I use display option then it might not be applicable from web client, but I was wrong. It works in both the places.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.