Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Changing what a user sees at login

At login of the standard web client (not the ESS client), out of the box, a user sees 2 panes.  One the left is a navigation page, and on the right is a QBE of the  Todo file.

We have a case where, for certain users, we would like to remove the Todo file QBE and put our own query on the right side.

Has anyone worked out the details of how to do that?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

I have not tried this but if I had to I would look into the web.xml and css files on the webtier of your system.

If your running 9.20 this is a little easier as it is better documented and "open" then on 7.11.

You can get a lot of ideas just reading through the web.xml of 9.20 as there are a lot of tailoring options available as it is.

Philipp

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You want to change it only for the web client or web and Windows client both?

If both then you don't need to play with web.xml or the web tier in general. You need to customize it in the operator record. Call the RAD routine "se.search.engine" with appropriate parameters in the Startup tab of operator record. Currently it must be calling "menu.manager".

The other was can be to call the RAD routine "se.search.engine" with appropriate parameters in the format control of "login.DEFAULT" at add condition with before equal to true.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have passed them on to my team mate who was wanting to set up a dashboard based on querying the number of open incidents greater than 2 days old in the system.

HP tells us that the todo list is hard coded into SM 7.11 at this time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

THe advice you were given by HP was incorrect. You can bypass ToDo if needed by updating a user's operator record to call a different application than menu.manager at login (startup tab).

So if you want the user to see the Incidents queue at login, you can call scm.advanced and pass probsummary as one of the parameter values. This would bypass the normal process which displays ToDo.

If you want to display particular subset/query result of records in a list, you could call se.search.engine and pass the query as a paramenter.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi stagaman.

Indeed, It works like you said with scm.advanced in startup tab. But, unfortunately, you lose all the menu on the left side.

How can I use your way and keep the menu ?

Thx for your return
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I don't think you can. Because you bypass the menu.manager application, which builds the navigator, I don't know of a way to do both.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.