Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Character field - Range

Hello Experts,

I would like to store some 1000 characters of data in a field.

I have declared the feild as character (Varachar2) but the data is getting truncated.

How can i achieve this?

TIA..

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Character field - Range

@Naresh-vnk,

you can change the field length in dbdict utility. By default, the lenght is 60, and you can change it by changing the SQL TYPE to 1000 as you wish:

2016-12-21_16-11-39.jpg

In my example, I'm using SQL Server Unicode mode, for SQL Server normal mode the SQL Type is VARCHAR(1000); for Oracle, the SQL TYPE is VARCHAR2(1000)

Let me know if it helps,

Ling-Yan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.