Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Checkbox issue

Hi,

I have created a check box in the probesummary, on selecting the check box and save we need to send an email to the respective ticket stake holders.

Now the issue is, after selecting the check box operator needs to click "Save and Exit" Button to send notifications and to get the check box cleared.

But my customer wants, to slect the check box and hits on "Save" button. it should send a notification, also it should un check the check box and user will remains on same ticket (no need to search/reopn again).

can it be acheived through FC's?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Thanks,

Narendra

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Checkbox issue

on the workflow, can you set a ruleset on "On Update" and send the email when current record checkbox is true ? then on the "After successful update" set the rule to "clear values" of the checkbox? Note: I have done similar clearing of another checkbox based from another field, but have not tried this 2 rules applied in 1 single field (checkbox).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

We are using SM9.32, We are not using PD yet to define in rule set.

Thanks,

Narendra.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

So, I'm not quite clear on your flow, but yeah, you don't need to refresh the screen.  The Save (save and stay) still re-initializes and redraws the screen.

So, I'm making some assumptions here.  I'm assuming you have a formatctrl calculatuation or subroutine that checks, on update, if your checkbox is checked.  If so, then send out these notifications.  I don't have your code, but here's like a rough outline of how it would work.

Let's say you've got something like

Formatctrl Name: probsummary
Subroutines - 
Update: custom.checkbox in $file = true
Application: us.notify

Then you've got something that's clearing your checkbox?

You could do something like:

Formatctrl Name: probsummary
Calculations - 
Update: custom.checkbox in $file=true
Calculations: $send.email = true;cleanup(custom.checkbox in $file)

Subroutines - 
Update: $send.email
Application: us.notify

So, your calculation would populate a variable as the record saves, and then clear out the checkbox.  Then, your subroutine would trigger off that variable to send out your email.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

I have tried the code, cleanup is happening quite well without exiting from the record, but email notification is failing (not generating).

Is there any to hold the value for few secs, before clearing the check box or any other way..

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Narendra

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.