Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Trusted Contributor.. Abhishek Srivas Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Command Line shortcuts

Jump to solution

HI Experts,

we write db in the command line and database manager opens up.
we write fc and format control opens up.

Can anyone let me know where is this defined in SM?

Thanks
Abhishek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Command Line shortcuts

Jump to solution
Hi Abhishek,

Do not where are they exactly define or hardcoded.You can find the list of commands in help server.
But you can also build your command to open any application or module.
Type menu in command line and search for any menu you are using, then in "Command" column you can put any desired string to work as command for the concerned application or module.

But above will display the same command name in option bar as button(same as logout appears)

hth,
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Abhishek,

Do not where are they exactly define or hardcoded.You can find the list of commands in help server.
But you can also build your command to open any application or module.
Type menu in command line and search for any menu you are using, then in "Command" column you can put any desired string to work as command for the concerned application or module.

But above will display the same command name in option bar as button(same as logout appears)

hth,

Jump to solution

Hello,

Interesting questions. I dont know where it is set but maybe you should write why do you need that information? Maybe there is other solution which wont need the information about where that short commands are hardcoded?

Highlighted
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

They are encoded in Menu records, just as they would be if you add additional commands yourself.(I routinely add commands to access the document engine components, for example).
Many of the most common are defined in the ALIAS menu record, but they can be defined in any menu record. There is not a single location to see all the commands currently defined, but if you search for all the menu records and set the columms for the displayed QBE to show Name and Commands, you'll be able to easily see which menu records have commands defined.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Acclaimed Contributor.. Vadim Gorda Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Gr8 John !!!
John, if I am defining command for a application/menu in different menu other than that of ALIAS it makes all link(buttons in gui form) read only and not working.
Such as logout,home button are not working through GUI form for that module only in which command is defined.

Thanks,

Jump to solution
Yes, I just did a select * from MENUA1. I was after Event Services and Event Services Admin. Thanks!
0 Likes
Chittiappa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Can anyone plz let me know how to open HP service manager client commanad line.

Thanks in advance.

Chittiappa

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.