New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Command in sm.ini to start emailout.startup

I have to go into System Status to restart email (Start Scheduler > emailout.startup) every time we bounce the system

There must be a command to put into the sm.ini or sm.cfg to get it to startup automatically.

What is that command?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

I am not aware of such command. If you have not separated service for emails then probably you will have to restart whole service of HP SM to start it again. Or you can set separate service for email. There must be a document on how wot do that.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Greg,

SM background schedulers are started through "info", menu System Administration/Ongoing Maintenance/System/Startup Information.

Michal

Highlighted
Absent Member..

I made these screenshots from the location you mentioned: Ongoing > System > Startup.

Alert is started automatically, so I included that screen shot, but emailout does not.

Should I set up emailout like alert to get it to start automatically?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Screenshots

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

IMHO yes.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.