ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Conditionally expand or collapse a section on a form

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to conditionally expand or collapse a section on a form?  I know there is no OOB option to add a conditional expression in the form properties, but if you look at the Frame properties through Format Details, the property when expanded is "isExpanded=1", so I wondered if anyone has figured out a way to use this in an expressin somehow to expand a section in a form, only under certain conditions.

Audrey

0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

No. You can set a default, but there is not a method to expand/collapse sections based on a condition.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Absent Member..

Hi All,

I have two groups on a form. 1st group is expanded by default and i want the second group to be expanded when the fields in the 1st group are populated via a fill button.

Can this be possible ? 

Thanks 

Indu

0 Likes
Absent Member..

No. There is not a way to conditionally expand/collapse a section. You could submit an enhancement request with support.

I've confirmed that no additional properties have been added to the group object in 9.31 Patch 3 (released last month) or in Process Designer Content Pack 4 (9.30.3).

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.  I think submitting an enhancement request is probably the best idea, so I will probably do that.  Thanks.

Audrey

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi John,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Regards,

Indu

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Actually, you can. You need to implement some new logic to "ExpandebleDynamicPanelNew.jsp" and "ExpandebleDynamicSectionNew.jsp" and also update logic at java-class files. That's it.

Best Regards,
Ieroglif.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Oh, just forgot, you also should create database table for collapse\expand settings..

Best Regards,
Ieroglif.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.