New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Configuration Item form doubles information

Hi.

I have a weird issue with the Web Client, this particular CI doubles the information twice:

Capturar.PNG

Any ideas?

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Hello,

Is same issue occurring using the sm application? Check the form. The sections may be on the form multiple time. From the web browser, add after your URL to display field properties,

?viewcontexthelp=true.

Click on a field and press F1 to display form name used. If you are using the SM app, press Ctrl + H to see field properties, which displays form name. What is form name?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@Sbox 

can you share unl file(unload) of the format you are using, share format and subformat as well. have you done any customization on the form? if yes, can you keep OOB format and check if issue is reproduceable.

issue is seen on the single format or you also get to see in multiple format? have you tried deleting cookies and temp files, if not delete them and close all the browser and try to access.

I have similar issue, after deleting cookies and temp files, issue got resolved

SM version and Browser version please.

Regards,
Madhan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Hi. It only happens on the Web client. I have checked the form and there are no duplicated groups\forms.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

I have tried other browsers with no cookies and the problem is still there. This implementation has several customizations, the version is 9.30.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@Sbox 

share the unl unload of that format(including subformat)

you can go to db --> format --> unload

Regards,
Madhan

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

I would suggest to make a copy of the format record (form) and then open the form in form designer and rename the section caption to verify the section is displayed multiple times. If it is, start spreading fields around to see if there are fields or subforms hidden behind other fields. If all looks well, take a screen shot of the properties for the two section duplicating and then recreate them manually to see if issue is resolved.

From my experience, there may be a section with a condition property with incorrect syntax. In order to investigate which section is the problem child, you can copy then delete some or all the fields from one of the sections duplicating to see if sections are still duplicating. If all else fails, manually look at each property within each section to make sure field names are correct and condition syntax are correct. My guess is a syntax is incorrect in one of your duplicating sections.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Hi.

I dont think the problem is with the forms.

In the DEV environment it works OK, in PRODUCTION it duplicates the groups.

I passed the forms from PRD to DEV and works OK on DEV. Maybe be a trigger, DS, but this started out of nowhere.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Since its web client specific, only happens for 1 CI, happens on different browsers, no changes were made lately and PROD form works fine in DEV, my guess is that you have either a corrupted CI or corrupted webtier cache.

Sometimes weird results are due to conflict in cache or corruption. I'm guessing corrupted CI. Corrupted webtier cache tends to affects more than 1 CI.

To check if its webtier cache, you can stop Tomcat and delete or rename its cache folder, e.g. C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5_Tomcat_webtier\work\Catalina\localhost\webtier-9.30 and restart tomcat to confirm if the root cause is due to corrupted webtier cache.

To check if its corrupted CI, you can try doing an unload of it, load and test the unload in DEV and see if the issue appears. Or manually create a new CI based on the info from the corrupted CI.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.