Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Configuration Management Security Profile

For Configuration Management Security Profile in TAB "device type restrictions" what is the right syntax and how does it work ?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Configuration Management Security Profile

The syntax is simple: Use the "Fill" in the array and you'll get a list of available CI Types displayed.
Select one and the CI Type will be copied to the field.

There is a defect for this topic:

Device type restriction set in CI Profile does not work as expected.
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM830641
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/LID/QCCR1E32386

This is solved already with SM9.30.

Which exact SM Version do you have ? Please check:
System Administration - Base System Configuration - Monitoring - Version Information
 Application Version:
 RTE Version:

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello.

Your second link does not work (The requested resource was not found..

My SM.

Application version: 9.31.0022

RTE Version: 9.31.1008

I cant use "Fill" as it is a text field (named TYPE) and there is no fill for it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I'm sorry for the wrong link. The correct link to the  Defect is

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1E32386

About the "Fill":

The field does not contain the ususal "fill" icon on the right side. Just put the cursor in the first empty line and then press "Fill" button to get a list of the CI Types displayed.

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

There is no usual icon and need press button - FILL

Where is this button ? - i did attach screenshot of my SM

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Did you log in to SM as Administrator? Unfortunately I do not have a SM9.3x system running to check it there.

Please try with a SysAdmin User.

The content of the "Restrict to these type" field is the "CI Type" of the records in devtype.

For example: computer (not Computer with upppercase C , this is the Description. You need to take the CI Type),

displaydevice, furnishings, handhelds, mainframe, mobiledevice,...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes i Did log in to SM as Administrator.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.