Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Connect-IT EWS (Exchange) Email Fetch into HP Service Manager Web Services

Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you would be able to shed some light on a simple issue I am running into with HP Connect-IT 9.60 Email Fetch to HP Service Manager Web Services.

The Issue: I have a Email Fetching configured pointing to Mapping to Service Center/Service Manager Web Services. The two other connectors (Mapping and Service Manager Web Services are working fine in test mode).

But when I run Email Fetching in test mode I get the following error:

2016/09/19 09:33:27.000 0 4 Opening the connector 'E-Mail (fetching) (Microsoft Exchange Web Service: HPSMTest)' in Test mode...

2016/09/19 09:33:28.000 1 4 Parsing DTD file 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\HP\\Connect-It 9.60 en\\scenario\\mail\\dtd\\newemplo.dtd'...

2016/09/19 09:33:28.000 1 4 Connecting to the messaging server...

2016/09/19 09:33:28.000 2 4 Deploying module: addressing-1.6.2 - file:/C:/Program Files/HP/Connect-It 9.60 en/lib/addressing-1.6.2.mar

2016/09/19 09:33:28.000 2 4 NTLM authentication scheme selected

2016/09/19 09:33:35.000 2 1 (0) Unable to connect to the exchange server 'my.exchange.com' (error 'The input stream for an incoming message is null.\n').

2016/09/19 09:33:35.000 1 1 (0) Unable to open the 'E-Mail (fetching) (Microsoft Exchange Web Service: HPSMTest)' connector.

My Goal: So you know what I am aiming to do with this setup, I would like to import emails from our IT Service Desk exchange mailbox into HPSM and have interactions generate based off them.

I have been through quite a few threads looking for this issue, but haven't found any directly like mine, so I created a new thread.

Cheers!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Connect-IT EWS (Exchange) Email Fetch into HP Service Manager Web Services

I setup the Connect-IT Email Fetch Connector using POP3 as a temporary workaround, had to configure my exchange server for it.

I would appreciate it if anyone knew a work around for the standard exchange configurations.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello, 

Was this ever resolved using Microsoft Exchange Web Services? If so I'd like to know how for I have the same issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have solved our issue with this . We had Outlook 2010 installed  on the system, and due to the network architechture it had to connect using Exchange web service as the conection method. This architecture will not work with Connect-it 9.6. The resolution was to - - un-install Outlook 2010

- remove the mail profile that exsisted with 2010

- install Outlook 2013 

- rebuild the mail profile 

- Within the Connect-it scenario select Microsoft Extended Mapi 

The scenario now works 🙂 WO HOO!!!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.