Established Member.. SteveZK
Established Member..

Connect-IT Email scenario : collection to collection mapping for multiple attachments

Hi,

I created a scenario in Connect-it 9.70 / HP SM9.34 where I create an interaction on an incoming mail.

If the mail has more than 1 attachments, Service Manager create as many interactions as there are attachments what is correct as Connect-It produces one document per attachment.

In th User guide, they talk about collection to collection by drag and drop with shift key - what does apparently not work for me.

Does anyone has solved this already, I know that there are many posts about attachments but nothing seams to work.

A good advice or solution will be great - thank's in advance

Kind regards

Steve

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Connect-IT Email scenario : collection to collection mapping for multiple attachments

Hello Steve,

First:

1. Go to the scenario on Connect-It

2. Right click on the Mapping and select the option Edit mapping

3. And select the mapping

4. If you go to CreateInteraction, do you see the value “Attachment” into the “Source for the collection mapping” field?

5. Delete what you specified on the “Source for the collection mapping” field

Second:

1. Go to the scenario on Connect-It

2. Right click on the Mapping and select the option Edit mapping

3. And select the mapping

4. If you go to CreateInteraction / CreateInterationRequest / model / instance / attachments / attachment ; [CreateInteractionRequest.model.instance.attachments.attachment]

5. Specify the “Attachment” value on the “Source for the collection mapping” field

6. Save the scenario and re-run it

Please refer to https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM1155231

Best regards,

Support

* If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
* If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

Software Support Technical Consultant
0 Likes
Established Member..

Re: Connect-IT Email scenario : collection to collection mapping for multiple attachments

Hi vqrijalba,

thank's for the tip, I tried it and I readed the software request but I don't understand it :

The root node Attachment value was removed from 'Source for the collection mapping' box and the Attachment value in [CreateInteractionRequest.model.instance.attachments.attachment] was used for the 'Source for the collection mapping' box.

Remove string Attachment - save - put it in again ?

What is this famous Attachment value in "[Create...]" ?

0 Likes
enriquelobo33 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hello SteveZK,

The defect states that you may be using the root node mapping, which is basically the first level on the attachment tree, to mapped the attachment coming from the email. The reccomendation is not to set this on that level, but to go depper and use the actual atribute field, this is what the [CreateInteractionRequest.model.instance.attachments.attachment] means, the position on the tree:

CreateInteracationRequest

model

instance

attachments (root node for attachment)

attachment (atribute field)

You can see an example on the test scenarios that comes along the CIT installation, specifically the <CIT installation path\scenario\sc\sm92mail\scincident-mail.scn>

Hope this makes more sense,

Regards 

0 Likes
Established Member..

Hello Enrique,

the scenario does not really show the same as in mine, email is the source and SM is the destination.

I added a printscreen from the mapping, so maybe you can explain what you mean for dummies (me).

🙂

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Kiran Amarnani Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi, Can you please share if your issue is resolved ? If yes then you can post the answer here, it ll help others too. If not then you can log a case with HP Software support or Professional Services for customization requests.
Regards,
HPE Software Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.