Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Connect-IT - LDAP Connector - Configure "entryDN" for Open LDAP

Jump to solution

Hello there,

i'm sure it's not the correct location for this topic but i wasn't able to find any Connect-IT related locations.
We are using the Connect IT for our ServiceManager, so i placed it here.

Now to my setup and my problem.

I'm using a "Connect-IT 9.60" software to have a LDAP connection between a "OpenLDAP 2.3" and "ServiceManager 9.35".

The connection to the LDAP itself works [see Open LDAP Config.png] but when the connector tries to open it will come to an error [see Error on open connector.png].
"Cannot extract DN (LDAP Distinguished Name)."
"DSE root entry 'dn': " "

I got the information from the LDAP colleagues that this entry is empty [see Open LDAP empty entryDN.png]

The information we want to get are in "ou=users" [see Open LDAP Structure.png].

So now my question:
We are connecting to the Root DSE with the Connect-IT and get a problem with the empty "entryDN"  there.
What can i do to get a working connection?
Can i define somewhere to enter on the "dc=XXXXXXX, dc=XXX" level or maybe directly to the "ou=users, dc=XXXXXXX, dc=XXX" level?
Or there are any other options i have?

Thank you for your help to resolve the problem!

Greetings

Andreas

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Connect-IT - LDAP Connector - Configure "entryDN" for Open LDAP

Jump to solution

"At last they changed account and solved problem.So I think customer 'd better  check their account
or change a new account with high authority ."

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Andrea,

hope you are doing well.

I was making a research about it and I found a known issue related to your description, I would like to share with you the workaround:

"We have had a WebEx meeting with customer and found out the root casue of this isuue is that custome has not
enough permission to access LDAP shema. So we adviced customer to change his account and try again."

could you please try this and let us know the results?

Carlos Villalobos R
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

"At last they changed account and solved problem.So I think customer 'd better  check their account
or change a new account with high authority ."

Carlos Villalobos R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Carlos,

i'm fine and hope you have a quite day.

Thank you for your information but this shouldn't be the problem.
We already tried it with the "root" or let it call "admin" user.

Any other ideas?

Thank you in advanced.
Andreas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Greetings.

Please refer to the following Microsoft document:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366101(v=vs.85).aspx

I assume that this distinguish name needs to be set in the blank space, since this is more likely to a path to locate the information you want to bind. Can you confirm this information with your LDAP admin?

Regards,

Jhonny Castro Montero
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi

I'd the same issue. It's not an AD Problem. With domain admin privilege , it was the same . so I looked to the LDAP connector options and disable some options ! it worked!

Go to Ediot >> Options >> Connector >> LDAP 

for two options 

- Describe AUXILIARY classes at the root --> No

- Display attributes defined at the DSE root

Good luck 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.