Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Connect-IT scenario does not show custom added fields

Hello All,

I am running sm 9.63 with connect-it 9.80.  I have added a new field in table contacts called xxx type character 80.

When I create a connect-it scenario the newly added field does not show in the list of fields when creating the mapping however if I do the connect it scenario to the DB directly the field shows.  Is there anything missing I should be doing.

I am using the ServiceCenter/Service Manager Web Service however I did try the ServiceCenter/ Service Manager (not the web service) and it did not show there either.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Connect-IT scenario does not show custom added fields

I am not too familiar with Connect-It. My best guess is that you missed a step. By default, SM fields are not accessible externally. You need to expose them via Extaccess.

Have a look here and configure external access to your custom field.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Service_Manager:9.63/SetupExtaccessRecord

Good luck.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Look at the "eventmap" table.

New fields for Connect-IT ( ServiceCenter/ Service Manager scenario)  need to be added to the table "eventmap".

You need to clarify the name of the event and add to the one you use in the scenario.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi Osos,
If you are using the ServiceCenter/Service Manager (not WebService) connector, then you need to go to the eventmap and do the mapping (Tailoring -> Event Services-> Eventmap) - search for File Name = contacts or eventmap "ScAcContacts"
If you Use the ServiceCenter/Service Manager Web Service Connector, You need to go extaccess and add the new fields to the "contacts" table or "Contact" Object Name Web Service (Tailoring ->Web Services ->Web Service Configuration)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.