Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Connect-It - Update interactions

Hi,

I'm using Connect-It to update existing interactions and it works correctly (I followed this thread).

Now I'm trying to update also the variable $update.action. The goal is to activate all actions linked to $update.action variable (triggers, creation of activity records and other customized actions).

I tried to add this variable to smin Event Map and in the Connect It mapping (see attachments), but it doesn't work. Where I am wrong?

Best regards,

Sutot

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Connect-It - Update interactions

I don't believe you can expose a variable via the extaccess record and update it directly.  The extaccess record only allows you to expose actual fields within the database.

So you have to get creative and use expressions.  Take a look at the OOB Interaction extaccess record. 

There's a set of expressions that allows you to expose the Journal Updates field (the actual 'update.action' field) within the extaccess record, and then treats the value within that field in the incoming record as the $update.action variable.

So you don't actually need to expose the '$update.action' variable; you can accomplish what you're trying to do by exposing the 'update.action' field and then using expressions to treat the value in that field as the variable.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Connect-It - Update interactions

You can update activity with an event services update; there is an example in one of the out of box problem updates (Incidents).  It populates both the $apm.activity and $pmc.update variables to add an activity record at save. (i only found this example by chance a few years ago--I don't think it's documented).

Look at the out of box inbound event mapping for "e problem update" position 5 (field: update.action) and use it as a model for setting up interactions.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.