New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Contact in Incident form not showing in upgraded version 9.30

Jump to solution

We just upgraded our Test environment from SM 7.11 to SM 9.30 on Linux Server, webtier and client.  We also wanted to see what a fresh install would look like, compared to an upgrade, so we did a fresh install of 9.30 on a Windows server.

The differences are marked - like comparing apples and oranges.  For example, on Windows server 9.30, in Interaction and Incident forms, there are no tabs at top, instead all that information is found as one scrolls down.

In Incident form on Windows, the contact from the Interaction is shown, compared to my Linux upgraded version, which does not show Contact in Incident.

Are these differences because we upgraded and the upgrade is different from the fresh install? Or is this a difference between Windows version and Linux version?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

After this, we decided to redo the upgrade.

We restored the database on our test instance and re-ran the upgrade process, but this time we selected "Replace your version of the object with HP Service Manager's version of the object."

This seemed to have the effect of nearly a fresh install. On the Incident form, the tabs were gone from the top, and information was displayed down the side as Vadim noted, similar to what we had seen on the Windows server fresh install. We're still testing, but what was immediately apparent was although most of our data was still intact, e.g., incidents, interactions, and contacts, Affected CI was gone and Location when back to default values (North America, etc.).

Interesting...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello Greg.

I might be wrong in some points but from what I remember, contact information was removed from Incidents after some 7.x versions and was left only in Interaction.

Regading tabs - You mean tabs in the understanding of SM 7.x? Or you mean grouping which is implemented in 9.x? You have to check if grouping works on your forms in web client, because in windows client you will have a form with only scroll. And there are no more tabs in understanding of SM 7.x in versions of 9.x+ (grouping is used instead)

Highlighted
Absent Member..
The quick answer to your question is that the differences are because you are comparing the upgrade to the fresh install. The upgrade will contain your tailoring which may not look and act exactly like what HP has upgraded along the way. The fresh install will not contain any of your tailoring, and will have all of the chances that HP has added between 7.11 and 9.30. The OS does not matter at all.
Thanks,

Tim
Highlighted
Absent Member..

After this, we decided to redo the upgrade.

We restored the database on our test instance and re-ran the upgrade process, but this time we selected "Replace your version of the object with HP Service Manager's version of the object."

This seemed to have the effect of nearly a fresh install. On the Incident form, the tabs were gone from the top, and information was displayed down the side as Vadim noted, similar to what we had seen on the Windows server fresh install. We're still testing, but what was immediately apparent was although most of our data was still intact, e.g., incidents, interactions, and contacts, Affected CI was gone and Location when back to default values (North America, etc.).

Interesting...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Also, in my newly upgraded system as noted above, Contact is shown in the Incident, which was the basis of this question.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Good to hear that. When you do upgrade ins the way you did, your modified forms are still present in the current system but renamed to something?

Highlighted
Absent Member..

We are still testing, but what I've noticed so far, is this:

cirelationsm1 is still there but all records in it were deleted. That is the only table that we have noticed losing data so far.

We mainly use only Interactions and Incidents. Any formatting, custom coding behind the scenes in these forms is gone. If we had a backup of the form, it retained that, otherwise, for example, the IM.update.incident form was replaced with HP's form.

So far this has not been too terrible, because we want contact to be displayed, we want out of box functionality. And we are still trying to understand what we have gained/lost.

I will note to all: the ComputerM1 table was messed up during the upgrade. I see where the upgrade process was trying to alter the table by adding fields and modifying other fields. I had to fix it and then add in a dummy computer record for it to work. Here's my code:

ALTER TABLE COMPUTERM1 modify
("LOGICAL_NAME"            VARCHAR2(200),
"OS_MANUFACTURER"        VARCHAR2(60)  ,
"BIOS_MANUFACTURER"      VARCHAR2(60)  ,
"BIOS_MODEL"             VARCHAR2(50)  ); commit;

Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Nice,

Please post here if you will find more issues.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.