Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Trusted Contributor.. MuzaffarAli Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Copy/Parse SRC User Selection Fields to SD/IM ticket created

Hi Experts,

I have developed SRC item Forms using User Selection fields which includes the Free Text, Pick list, check boxes. I am looking for how I can copy these user inputs  to SD/IM ticket created after user submits the SRC request.

Thanks & Regards

Muzaffar

0 Likes
5 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Kelalek2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Copy/Parse SRC User Selection Fields to SD/IM ticket created

You have to do some coding, definitely. Some points to start with.

Check first table called svcCart. It includes the Service Desk -ticket number and a reference of Shopping Cart ID (cartId). It's a good place to start.  

One order may contain several items, and therefore there is separate table for ordered items (svcCartItem). User inputs you mentioned can be found from table called svcCartItem, to be more specific, from field called "options". 

Now we've gone through the basics. What you should do is to write a JavaScript which:

- "if SD category is "service catalog" -> search for a cartId in table svcCart which SD reference is same than the SD ticket id. And further, after cartId is found, make a search to table svcCartItem and return all the item options

- you may save this XML info to your ticket or you may prefer to do some parsing to separate tags from the input, but that's the different story

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Kelalek2,

Thanks for the reply. if you have any document/white paper which explains the below end to end scenario please share.

Regards

Muzaffar

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Kelalek2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

I'm sorry, but there's no end-to-end scenario nor description available. But I recommend to try to code it in JavaScript - it's not that complicated, because you know now which table should be queried!

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Abhishek Srivas Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Muzaffar,

You can do this by creating a new dynamic form on your intercation page.

Give the input of that form as "svc.options".

This will display all the catalog item user options.

HTH

Abhishek

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply, but svc.options value is NULL when I check in the SRC interaction created. I got to know from other posts in forum that svc.options will get filled only for SRC interactions created for non-cart items.

Regards

Muzaffar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.